Video surveillance system: TOP-7 best video surveillance services
The current year has already shown a significant demand for video surveillance equipment. Of particular interest to consumers are panoramic, thermal and stereo cameras, as well as cloud services with intelligent video analytics capabilities. At the same time, there is intense competition in the video surveillance market, which does not allow manufacturers to easily increase revenue and profits. This means that only the best of the best remain on the market. It is about them that we will talk today.
Cloud video surveillance or standard analog. What to choose in 2020?
As part of the digital market, video surveillance is still shrouded in confusion and controversy. In particular, the most controversial issues arise when choosing between analog and cloud systems.
A little history
Not everyone knows that the first mention of the process of video surveillance for security purposes dates back to 1913 and making photographs of inmates from a distance at London’s Holloway Prison for Women and Juvenile Delinquents.
And the next historical mention of surveillance cameras dates back to 1942, and it was already about the creation of a video monitoring system for the German company Siemens. It was used to track missile launch faults at the site.
It was only in the second half of the 50s (Hamburg, Germany) of the last century that a street surveillance system first appeared. And the 70-80s in the United States saw a mass sale of analog systems with recording on videotapes starting.
Why cloud platforms are the future
The analog video control model requires software and hardware equipment: video cameras, recorders, monitors and other auxiliary technical devices.
Consequently, progress is replacing cumbersome, multi-component, expensive systems that require regular intervention of specialists. A modern cloud video surveillance system can operate on the basis of a mobile application downloaded to stationary or mobile devices (PC, smartphone or tablet). The cloud space acts as the main server. Access to the cloud is opened by the provider to the user, according to the tariff plan.
Also, a properly selected service for a video surveillance system can allow the simultaneous use of analog and digital equipment. In this case, you may need a special tech that will digitize the images and compress them. Thus, we can say that digital video monitoring is a universal, simple and affordable solution for providing home and business security.
Methodology for selecting services
Now we can talk about services that make it possible to create an optimal system of modern video monitoring. In addition to the consumer criterion called “value for money”, we will rely on the following parameters:
- simple setup principles;
- ease of installation, as well as the possibility of connection on your own;
- technical capabilities of integration with other devices, including analog ones;
- set of intelligent analytics;
- optimal cost;
- availability of a mobile application for Android and IOS;
- presence of modern technical characteristics (high download speed, automatic compression of the source file, visibility at night, etc.);
- reviews of consumers and experts in the field of video surveillance.
The best video surveillance services. TOP-7
Based on the analysis of the Russian video surveillance market and the above criteria, we have compiled a rating of the seven best services:
- International company, Faceter, operating since 2014.
The leader in the field of recognition of visual images using neural networks and “deep learning” (artificial intelligence technology). They are engaged in the development of innovative solutions in the field of video surveillance based on computer vision and video analytics. At the end of 2019, they opened mass access to the Faceter mobile application, which allows any user to:
- transform an ordinary smartphone into a video monitoring system;
- view recordings and video archive in the cloud space;
- use the service for free (up to 2 days of archive storage and 7 days in the Mobile Premium promo tariff plan);
- use a tariff plan from 290 rubles/month;
- receive quick notifications according to the settings (detection of ignition sources, movement, arrival of family members, unusual noises, etc.);
- get the whole range of innovative, highly intelligent video analytics available on the market;
- use the service to protect your home and business, including outdoor surveillance;
- easily scale and integrate the system.
- Russian company, IVideon, that specializes in the development and sale of cloud products.
Operates in more than 100 countries around the world, specializing in cloud video surveillance since 2013.
- ability to transfer and view data in real time, from any place with an Internet connection;
- broadcasting to the consumer’s website/blog;
- high level integration with any equipment (up to 98% of all devices on the market);
- ability to display the location of surveillance cameras on the map;
- output of multiple cameras on one screen (up to 36);
- quick notifications to phone and email;
- wide range of modern video analytics;
- availability of a free trial period and the ability to purchase a local license (from 1900 rubles).
- Russian provider and seller of cameras, YOULOOK.
YouLook starts with installing IP cameras (the list of acceptable cameras is on the official website) and connecting them to the Internet. The system works in the cloud, without additional equipment. Also, the benefits of the service include:
- possibility of free use for two cameras, and the minimum tariff is from 300 rubles/month;
- control of the number of visitors (data is displayed in the form of a graph)
- convenient cloud storage;
- quick notifications in case of emergency shutdown of the video surveillance camera system.
- Russian brand, IPEYE, which specializes in the development and assembly of digital IP cameras.
The service has a number of undeniable advantages:
- possibility of remote connection, configuration, notifications, including online mode;
- easy integration with most cameras;
- viewing from any device;
- maximum storage period for the archive is 18 months;
- tariff plans with recording – from 3.3 rubles/month for one camera;
- ability to download the entire archive or specific files/fragments + option of “accelerated playback”;
- setup of public access (by parameters).
- Production company from Krasnoyarsk – CamDrive.
The mission of the organization is to provide consumers with a simple, most efficient and fast video surveillance solution.
- reliability due to a special encryption protocol;
- availability of 24/7 technical support;
- simplicity, ease of installation and operation;
- online access from any device;
- archive storage up to 8 weeks;
- stable operation of the system even in networks with low bandwidth;
- sound and image recording.
- Russian research and production enterprise – i-CAM.
- video surveillance system works with various equipment (cameras, dash cams, phones);
- there is a free plan for two cameras, but cloud recording is not provided;
- other tariff plans allow the export of video materials;
- some types of broadcasts are carried out without an Internet connection.
- WebGlazok Company.
Single-camera cloud video surveillance (for home and small business).
The service is distinguished by:
- online broadcasts;
- camera recording with motion sensor;
- fast motion alert;
- broadcast to a website/blog;
- storage time in the cloud is 2-30 days, taking into account the tariff plan;
- availability of a mobile version and access.
With the advent of modern cloud services, it is much easier to ensure the security of facilities and businesses. The cloud-based method of transferring and storing data provides a high level of protection and eliminates the need to purchase expensive hardware.