Turnkey video surveillance. 3 options for implementation
Turnkey video surveillance. 3 options for implementation
Most consumers want not to participate in the organization of video surveillance at all, but at the same time they want to get the most convenient solution at a budget price. However, all three components (indifference, ease of use, and low cost) cannot work as a whole. Typically, these factors are mutually exclusive. So let’s figure out what “turnkey video surveillance” is and what benefits it can bring. Let’s do it in order.
What is a turnkey video surveillance installation?
From the definition it is clear that installation of turnkey video surveillance is getting a service in a state of full readiness for operation, without any modifications/alterations/additions.
Any specialist will say that such an approach to video surveillance requires the participation of the customer and considerable financial investments. Why?
Participation of the future owner of the video surveillance system is necessary, starting with the design and ending with installation of the system. The customer defines goals, sets tasks, coordinates the terms of reference, approves the purchase of equipment (and pays for it), tests the already working system.
3 options for the implementation of turnkey video surveillance. Advantages and disadvantages
To date, the Russian video surveillance market is ready to offer 3 options for the implementation of turnkey video surveillance:
- Ready-made kits.
- An individual approach to video monitoring.
- Do-it-yourself turnkey surveillance, using new tools.
Accordingly, each option has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look.
If you look up “turnkey video surveillance price“, the first pages will be filled with offers of ready-made solutions. The range of prices will be significant. It is due to different purposes of video monitoring, the type of video surveillance (CCTV, AHD, IP), number of cameras and other equipment, as well as type of surveillance (home, business) and size of the facility.
As a rule, a turnkey video surveillance kit includes the cost of a set of equipment with certain characteristics/capabilities and installation.
For example, if you choose standard CCTV surveillance for 4 cameras, then you get:
- free visit of a specialist;
- standard project;
- 4 cameras;
- installation of equipment + a warranty card.
At the same time, significant disadvantages will be:
- Need to purchase additional equipment and software. The real price of the solution will exceed the declared value of the finished kit.
- Independent decision on the storage of data, as well as its safety (equipment, terms, administrative and criminal liability). Only the choice of modern network equipment and cloud storage will remove this task from the consumer.
- Independent decision on the issue of updating the software.
- In the event that you need to expand the system or integrate with other equipment, you also need to resolve this issue yourself.
In the event that a consumer wants to get an individual video surveillance system that will fully meet their needs, they should order a personal solution.
On request, specialists will:
- audit the facility;
- design a video monitoring system in detail;
- carry out approvals with supervisory authorities (if necessary);
- select the optimal set of equipment, purchase and deliver it to the facility;
- introduce intelligent video analytics for business (according to the needs of the client);
- install the system;
- perform adjustment and testing in an emergency technical condition;
- eliminate the shortcomings of the system;
- will provide technical support, after-sales service (warranty) and consulting services (if necessary and for a fee).
The only drawback of this approach to the implementation of a video surveillance system will be the high cost.
Due to the fact that video surveillance is only gaining momentum in the Russian market, many users do not know that you can create a system with your own hands, from scratch or turnkey on your own.
Such opportunities arose with the advent of an affordable cloud video monitoring format and innovative software from the international company Faceter.
This software is a mobile application (for the Android system you can download the program here, for iOS — here), which can be used in home and business video surveillance.
To organize turnkey video surveillance, you will need two mobile phones with Internet access, a 1.3 MP camera and working processor. There are articles on how to use mobile devices for video surveillance:
- “What to do with an old smartphone: 5 examples of useful applications“;
- “Turning an old smartphone into a surveillance camera“.
If we talk about the implementation of additional analytical functions, then you need IP cameras and microphones.
Why is Faceter the best solution?
The main advantages of Faceter are:
- Saving money and, accordingly, the general availability of the solution.
- Ease of installation and use. On average, it takes 15-20 minutes to install the system.
- Multifunctionality, as the possibility of using it for everyday tasks (protecting a house, apartment, summer residence, garage) and solving business goals remotely.
- Reliability, security (including cybersecurity).
As practice shows, the expression turnkey video surveillance has several options for implementation. You can use ready-made kits and a typical installation, contact specialists to create an individual monitoring system, as well as organize video monitoring on your own. The choice is limited only by the goals of video surveillance and financial capabilities of the user.