Video surveillance and burglar alarm
Video surveillance and burglar alarm
Symbiosis of burglar alarms and video surveillance is a comprehensive solution to many security issues. Development of the digital technology market makes it easy to integrate systems and creates favorable conditions for their interaction. In this article, I will tell you about what a modern 2-in-1 burglar alarm and video surveillance system is. Read on.
Benefits of integrated systems
Security console system, fire alarm, video surveillance — separately, each of the systems has its own disadvantages. In particular, fire and security systems are prone to malfunctions and false alarms, as well as a lack of event logging capabilities. Video surveillance, which does not have notification functions (notifications to a phone or security console), cannot transmit event data for rapid intervention.
Consequently, by connecting together all three systems, you can get maximum protection for home and business.
Tasks solved by video surveillance
The range of tasks that can be solved thanks to the integrated video surveillance:
- organization of comprehensive protection of the facility as a whole;
- audio and video surveillance + sensors;
- system programming according to different scenarios;
- recording of events, incidents at the surveillance facility;
- remote monitoring and security method;
- ability to view online broadcasts and videos;
- export of information in various formats;
- ability to store an unlimited amount of information when using cloud storage;
- collection/transmission of statistical information.
Video surveillance and alarm (system) works on the basis of unity and synchronization: all cameras and sensors have a common surveillance area. Use of PTZ cameras and/or panoramic IP equipment is recommended.
Synchronous operation of nodes and devices provides a high level of protection.
It uses three types of tools:
- Sensors (gas, smoke, motion, vibration, flooding threat).
- A receiving and control device that processes the signal from the sensors and sends a command to the executive device.
- An executive device that triggers the alarm and sends notifications to the operator/owner of the system.
Varieties of systems
Video surveillance + alarm (system) can be classified as:
- Digital/analog based on the equipment used. Comparative characteristics of analog and digital video equipment are described in detail in the article “Remote video surveillance systems: future is already here“.
- Wired/wireless (depending on the signal transmission method used). Wired security systems are characterized by the presence of a cable between the sensors and control unit, as well as use of a cable to connect a CCTV camera. Wireless systems use radio signals. You can read about wireless video monitoring and its configuration in our article “Wireless video surveillance: what it is + how to set up“.
- Centralized/autonomous (taking into account the way of responding to the event). Autonomous systems sound a loud siren, but do not transmit data to the operator. Centralized systems are more efficient: they record an event, transmit a notification to the control panel or operator.
- Individual (made according to an individual project). Such a burglar alarm system will be flexible in its settings, it will be able to notify the owner of events, record video images, and work remotely.
Alternative security and video surveillance
Experts note that today it is possible to combine video surveillance and security and fire systems.
Why is this needed? The thing is that current methods of remote monitoring do not require additional costs (even for cameras) and can work absolutely for free (or within a certain tariff).
Algorithm of actions:
- Install the required sensors (by yourself or with the help of a specialist).
- Download the Faceter video surveillance application for two mobile phones (with a video camera from 1.3 MP) from the App Store or Google Play.
- Set one phone as a security camera by connecting it to power supply.
- The second phone acts as a monitor, which is always at hand.
OBVIOUS BENEFIT: you can watch what is happening online, view the archive if necessary. If sensors are triggered or an emergency occurs, the system will send a notification. And the parallel operation of the security system with sensors and video monitoring from Faceter provides double protection: if one of them is damaged, the second will still work.
A security system without video surveillance is a step back. In modern conditions, audio and video monitoring is necessary both at home and in business. Choose the solution that suits your needs. Perhaps you need not only security, but also intelligent video analytics? Read more in the article “Video analytics for business in 2020: opportunities and solutions“.