Video surveillance for pets. TOP 5 advantages
Smart technologies, if put into your life, can become irreplaceable helpers. Interaction with pets is no exception. We can all agree that keeping animals is a certain job and you also want to make it easier. Let’s talk about the benefits of video surveillance for pets.
What is pet surveillance?
According to statistics, more than half of Russian families have pets, and 1/3 of the total number of animals never leave their apartments. And absolutely every animal owner has certain questions:
- how does the pet behave in my absence?
- how does my cat/dog feel alone?
- why did my animal develop fears, apathy or aggression?
- why does my animal spoil furniture, interior, things?
- how do the staff, children, their guests and other family members treat the animal?
- why are neighbors complaining about my dog?
In order to have a clear idea of the behavior and well-being of an animal in the absence of the owner, you need to install mobile video surveillance.
Importantly, in 2020, video surveillance for pets is an open, simple and free system, which I will discuss next.
Criteria for a video surveillance system for animals
From the point of view of the user and pet owner, the monitoring system must meet the following criteria:
- Mobility. The ability to move cameras to different locations, as well as the ease of transferring the system, are a very relevant criterion for surveilling animals.
- Easy to install and set up. At the same time, users want the minimum labor costs and minimum time spent on installation. Want to create a complete home video surveillance system in 15 minutes? Use the Faceter service and read the article “4 steps of connecting a CCTV camera to your phone.”
- Ease of management. Even children will understand the principle of the system, and adults will appreciate the quality. In this case, the system is controlled via a smartphone, including remotely.
- Profitability. 10-15 years ago in Russia, video surveillance, as such, was available only to the special services, 5 years ago — only to large companies and the rich. And today, any resident of Russia or any Russian family who have two mobile phones with a camera at their disposal can organize surveillance for pets.
- Reliability. The system should work without failures and freezes, not require replacement of components.
- Security. Cloud video surveillance is ideal for solving security problems.
Video surveillance for pets has several advantages:
- The pet owner will know exactly how their pet behaves when alone.
Filming of pets has a lot of mysteries to uncover. Many animals openly misbehave out of sight of the owner: they tear furniture, spoil things, sleep on tables and beds, open kitchen drawers. Others: howl, poop on flowers or eat them.
Solution: installing a video camera, setting up notifications for animals entering the restricted area, as well as setting up voice commands remotely.
- The owner will know how family members, children, guests of children, as well as service staff treat the animal.
Sadly, animal abuse is not uncommon. If the animal begins to behave aggressively, apathetically or reacts to certain people in an unusual way, then you need to think about it and set up a video camera. Also, the very presence of video filming is a deterrent for many people. Details here.
- The owner will receive unforgettable, funny footage that can be used in blogs, YouTube and social networks.
Posting cat videos is a lucrative business when you consider the huge public interest in videos with animals.
- The owner will be able to communicate with the animal remotely, and even train it.
This opportunity is important for those who have to often go on business trips or stay late at work, leave their animals alone, in the care of relatives/neighbors. In this case, the animal is bored, and the owner is worried. Some video surveillance systems are able to interact with smart feeders and drinkers: you can dispense a certain amount of food from a special tray.
- The owner gets the opportunity to solve disputes with neighbors.
Often, in apartment buildings, disputes and conflicts arise between neighbors over animals. There is no easier way to resolve a dispute than to provide video footage.
- The owner can take certain actions with the alarm signal.
For example, triggering a motion sensor. It can be animals that jumped on the table, windowsill, in a crib, etc.
Instead of a conclusion
In an age of advanced technology and high speeds, a home video surveillance system is not a luxury. The simple, easy and free Faceter service has been created to help pet owners. Please note that to organize video surveillance, you just need to find two ordinary smartphones and download a special application from the App Store or Google Play.