Few people think about protecting farms in rural areas. But control over the quality of animals’ lives is the basis of the farmer’s safety. Video surveillance on the farm will help to protect and control all situations remotely. In this article, we will analyze how to implement a monitoring system for farm safety.
Organization of video surveillance on the farm
The main difficulty in organizing video monitoring on a farm is problems with electricity and the Internet. For stable operation of the cameras, a voltage of 4 to 12V is required.
There are three ways to solve the problem:
- Install the generator. But this will significantly increase the cost of system maintenance.
- Supply batteries. The disadvantages of the method are that they will have to be changed often, and not all models work stably during the cold time of the day.
- Lead-acid car battery. This is the best option since the battery provides the required voltage and is resistant to low temperatures.
Additionally, you can read the article: “How to choose a therm housing? 5 expert tips ”.
3 types of video surveillance
Today, technologies are diverse, so it is possible to install cameras even on remote farms.
- Remote video surveillance via the Internet.
To do this, you need an IP camera, router, modem, and video recorder. You also need a stable mobile connection, unlimited Internet not to pay extra for traffic, and batteries for the monitoring device.
If, in addition to the usual video monitoring, if you need analytics, then use Faceter. The service will be able to monitor what is happening, analyze images and notify in case of violations. For example, theft or entry of unwanted persons.
You can find out why an IP camera is better than an analog one in the article: “Parsing the AHD system (TVI, CVI) and network IP video surveillance”.
2. Built-in memory cards in cameras.
This option is necessary if the object of observation is located in a place where cellular communication is poorly picked up. The built-in card will help you record all the information without transferring it over the network.
Cons: it is impossible to view data from cameras remotely, and the storage medium is not protected from theft and damage.
3. Video surveillance for the unstable network.
How to connect to CCTV cameras via the Internet if it is weak? You will need an analog camera, router, modem, and SSD disk.
In this system, the video recorder writes information to an SSD disk, and when a connection appears, the data is transferred to an FTP server
6 main functions of video surveillance
Well, and the most critical question: “how will the surveillance camera on the farm help?” Let’s figure it out.
- Control of breakdowns and accidents. For example, the water supply pipe will break through on the territory. Thanks to monitoring, you can find out about this immediately.
- Control of automated systems and other equipment.
- Theft prevention.
- Preventing undesirable persons from entering the farm.
- Monitor the behavior and health of livestock and poultry 24/7.
- Observe the work of loading operations.
Video surveillance is used in almost all spheres of human life. And not using the potential of such a technical assistant in the complex work of the farm is a big mistake. Monitoring will facilitate animal care and help the owner automate processes.