Wireless video surveillance: what it is + how to set up
Many people who want to install a video surveillance system are often stopped by the room interior in their home or office. And this is understandable: you don’t want to make a mess by drilling holes, laying cables and corrugation. But there is always a way out, and in this case it is wireless cloud video surveillance. From this article, you will learn that wireless video monitoring systems are a modern, simple and easy way to ensure the security of households (apartments) and businesses.
What is wireless video surveillance?
Based on the name “wireless video surveillance”, such a system should be distinguished by the absence of cables, and data transmission should be carried out via modern radio channels (Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, GSM).
Video surveillance of this type, as a rule, consists of several elements that are easy to pick up on your own, without involving a specialist. You can also buy the corresponding equipment in one single kit. It is the absence of wires that makes the process as simple as possible.
Modern wireless surveillance with recording function can consist of:
- two smartphones + a mobile application, where one of the phones acts as a camera and the other as a monitor. If you want to know how to implement this, read the article “4 steps of connecting a CCTV camera to your phone”. Data is transferred to a remote cloud service;
- several IP cameras, a power supply and transmitter, the cloud server acts as a receiver. In this case, it is a conditionally wireless system, because power supplies are connected to the electrical network, due to the small capabilities of replaceable batteries (no more than 6-7 hours);
- hybrid of IP cameras and mobile devices (phones, tablets) + mobile application.
The main advantages of wireless video monitoring are:
- Aesthetic appearance (no wires, cables).
- Ease of installation.
- Relatively low cost. Check out the best rates for cloud wireless video surveillance here;
- General availability.
- Large selection of equipment and software.
- System mobility.
- Possibilities of scaling the system (increasing or decreasing, adding new equipment) and free integration of devices.
- Multifunctionality and versatility.
- High quality service combined with high safety standards.
Installing a wireless video monitoring system: tips and instructions
Do you aim to create a safe space and control business processes with minimal effort and financial costs? Take a closer look at Faceter‘s wireless video monitoring option. The principles of installation and operation of such a system is clear even to a child, and all can be done within 15 minutes. It is a wireless system based on a mobile application and two mobile phones.
- You will need two working smartphones, with a camera of 1.3 MP and ability to access the Internet.
- You need to download the mobile application for both phones. If you have an Android phone, download the application here, if iOS – here.
- Set up one phone in the surveillance area. It will work as a wireless surveillance camera. Take the second phone with you: it will act as a monitor.
The wireless system is ready for use. The possibilities of such a simple system are as extensive as possible. It can:
- inform about the situation in your absence;
- notify the owner about movement and visits;
- conduct intelligent video analytics;
- make notes in the archive;
- automatically turn on night mode for better visibility;
- save recordings in the cloud space for up to 2 days completely free of charge;
- perform the functions of a baby monitor, security guard and manager.
You can also connect IP cameras to the system. Integration will take place practically without the participation of the owner and intervention of specialists.
Outdoor video monitoring equipment must meet the following requirements:
- technical capabilities in case of temperature extremes and exposure to humidity;
- technical capabilities of data transmission via Wi-Fi at a distance of 100m or more.
If you need to set up a camera to recognize car license plates, a wireless camera with a higher resolution is required. When it comes to anti-vandal equipment, then you need to choose equipment with the IK marking. As a rule, for private households (outdoor surveillance), cylindrical IP cameras with a metal or plastic casing are chosen.
Home (wireless) video surveillance is the optimal solution for 2020. Modern technology makes it possible to create a system that is easy to install and use, which provides the maximum level of protection completely free of charge or at reasonable prices. Forget about bulky, expensive equipment, web of wires, specially equipped surveillance rooms, data storage system and huge installation and set-up bills. The future is already here!