Review of the Faceter mobile app. 7 main questions
What do you know about the Faceter mobile app for mass users, which has been available since late 2019? Did you know that it turns almost any smartphone into a surveillance camera? We present to your attention a detailed review of the Faceter mobile app.
What the Faceter mobile app is
The principal modern requirements for a video surveillance system are simplicity, convenience, efficiency, and reliability.
Faceter video surveillance is an optimally simple, self-explanatory solution for a mass user, presented on the Russian market in 2021.
The development team has removed everything unnecessary, simplifying the settings and functions to an intuitive option for video surveillance.
We are sure that absolutely any user wants to get a video monitoring system at no extra cost. There is such an opportunity! To implement it, you need 10-15 minutes and two mobile devices (smartphones).
History of development
There is no secret: the developers of the application saw a free economic niche in the segment of “convenient video surveillance solution for the mass user” and hastened to occupy it.
The niche emptiness is due to many barriers that exist in the video surveillance industry, such as:
- available solutions are usually highly specialized;
- lack of simple usability and complexity of use.
- difficulties due to the disintegration of applied tasks for smart video analytics.
That is why the end of 2019 was marked by the entry into the Russian market of an innovative publicly available product – the Faceter application for mobile devices.
7 main questions
A new service always raises a lot of questions. We will answer the seven main questions about the Faceter mobile app that come to mind of the average human user.
Who is the application for?
The Faceter app was developed for a broad audience, including:
- Individuals (for a house/apartment, garage, summer residence).
You can use the application as:
- baby monitor for monitoring children;
- assistant for caring for elderly or sick relatives;
- a camera for monitoring pets;
- surveillance camera for permanent and/or temporary personnel;
- car DVR;
- remote means of monitoring a car in the yard;
- part of the smart home.
- Small, medium, large businesses for control and monitoring purposes.
An undeniable advantage is connecting intelligent video analytics to collect and analyze marketing information about visitors and employees.
TIP: A lot of helpful information can be found in the article “Variety of video analytics is the main trend of 2021“.
The algorithm of action is straightforward:
- Take two mobile phones.
- Find applications in the official store, depending on the software of your phones.
- Scan the QR and download the app on both smartphones.
- Use a special tripod or available means to fix the phone that will act as a camera. Place the phone in a surveillance area.
- Open the app and press the red button. The video stream will broadcast to the cloud, to your personal Faceter account.
- Log into your account on the second device, which will act as a monitor.
The system is ready! Detailed instructions are here.
Requirements for a mobile device
- Operating systems iOS, Mac, Android.
- iPhone and iPod touch – iOS 10.0 and higher;
- Mac – macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with an Apple M1 chip;
- Android – 5.0 and up.
- Language – English, Russian.
- Camera from 1.3 MP.
- Internet – 3G / 4G and higher.
- Working screen, processor, charging socket.
Where to download?
Today the Faceter rating is:
- 4.6 out of 5 on the App Store;
- 4.5 out of 5 on Google Play.
Go to faceter.cam and see that you can use the application for free with the Basic plan, which provides cloud storage for up to 24 hours in SD quality.
The essence of the latest updates
The new version introduces remote control of the camera phone from the monitor device, namely:
- start and stop recording;
- turning on and off the sound;
- turning on and off the flashlight;
- switch to Wi-Fi-only mode.
An overview of mobile applications makes it clear to users what this or that innovative development is. Faceter is easy to use and economical: take two old smartphones, download the application, and you will have access to video surveillance with the archive for free.