The global video surveillance market is on a growing trend. They predict 16% growth per year. The Russian market can not yet boast of such figures, but it also does not stand still. And some segments, like cloud surveillance, still give enough growth of 25% annually. Russian video surveillance manufacturers have a significant share of the domestic market. And the revenue of the largest of them is tens and hundreds of millions of rubles per year. Let’s talk about how to choose the best one in this article.
Russian video surveillance market – 2022
Today video monitoring is actively used in many areas of business and not only. They are placed in public places to prevent criminal activity, they are also used in private homes. Surveillance cameras have become an integral part of many areas of life.
Russian market and video surveillance technologies are actively developing. Cloud-based video monitoring service is no longer a novelty and is even available to small businesses.
Which Russian video surveillance manufacturers are the most popular? Let’s define a shortlist of the “most-most”:
- RVi Group. The most in-demand, dynamically developing company with a quality product.
- J2000. The manufacturer offers a wide range of quality equipment, a popular brand.
- BEWARD. Professional video equipment with unique specifications is the advantage of the company.
- SOWA. Pretty young company offers video equipment for transport, home, fire, and security alarm system.
- Novicam. The popular Russian brand has in its assortment equipment for video surveillance, intercoms, access control.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Russian manufacturer
What are the main pros and cons of domestic products?
The main advantages:
- the price. It is lower than that of foreign brands;
- adaptation to the climate. Russian equipment is better adapted to the variety of climatic conditions of the country;
- possibility to be modified to the customer’s requirements. This advantage can be used by large customers.
Criteria to be improved:
- innovations in technology are first available for foreigners and only then appear among Russians;
- lower prices compared to foreign analogs may indicate the cheapness of component materials or low functionality of the equipment.
What should you pay attention to when choosing a brand to buy equipment?
Let’s analyze the main criteria for selecting video surveillance systems.
- Isn’t it a rebranding? Not all companies make the equipment themselves. There are many companies that sell not their goods, but with their own logo.
- Quality control service. Before you buy equipment, its operation and functionality can be checked by the seller. Serious manufacturers provide this service.
- Native software. Not many manufacturers use this challenging way. And this is a most suggestive fact. After all, only native software is the most adapted to the needs and specifics of Russian users.
- Native firmware for the cameras.
- Own regional warehouses, repair services, and service centers. Only manufacturers who are firmly “on their feet” can afford such additional services and expenses. This means that there is a steady demand for the goods brand, there are specialists for complex repairs, there is an available opportunity to solve service issues.
- Instructions, packaging. Instructions in Russian, their own packaging with the logo. Reliable manufacturers necessarily pay attention to these criteria.
5 expert recommendations
What do the experts advise when choosing equipment? Pay attention to 5 important recommendations:
- Choose based on the purposes of video surveillance.
- Focus on the quality of the product. Expensive equipment is multifunctional and gives more opportunities for video monitoring.
- Make a video surveillance project to avoid technical problems and financial losses.
- Ask professionals to install your surveillance system. Incorrect installation, mistakes during installation will make the security system useless.
- Budget for maintenance of your video surveillance system. Any equipment requires maintenance, can fail, there are shortcomings during operation. You need to be prepared to deal financially with problems that arise.
Video surveillance cameras have become a normal phenomenon in business and society. They sometimes play a key role in preventing crimes at workplaces, retail outlets, and crowded places.
The Russian market offers a wide choice of artificial intelligence surveillance equipment for any purpose and financial possibilities.