Video surveillance as a part of the safety system at manufacturing facilities
The interest of the state and large industrial business in the development of video surveillance provides more than 50% of the demand in the Russian market. At the same time, video monitoring is considered as a means of ensuring order, maintaining the rule of law and as a production safety system. Today we will talk about video surveillance as an integral part of the protection of large industrial enterprises.
Organization of video surveillance in manufacturing facilities
You can talk as much as you like about various methods of ensuring production safety, but without the presence of video cameras, they are ineffective. This fact does not require proof: the eyes of the security service/operator are video cameras, especially given the scale of the factories.
The main functions of video surveillance at large industrial enterprises are:
- Protection of the premises from unauthorized citizens.
- Accounting for the entry/exit of vehicles from the territory of the plant. For these purposes, it is advisable to use the license plate recognition function.
- Ensuring the physical security of employees in the framework of the anti-terrorist measures (due to a large crowd of people at one facility).
- Predictive protection against emergency situations.
- Protection of complex equipment, as well as expensive/raw materials or parts from theft.
- Control of production technologies, compliance with production regulations and safety measures.
- Monitoring of technological processes in order to avoid problems.
- Resolution of controversial situations in case of injuries or theft.
- Control over the labor discipline of personnel.
- Obtaining statistical and marketing data for the analysis of the enterprise.
The current Russian legislation does not provide for a single legal document regulating the process of video surveillance in production.
The fundamental norms of law must be sought in the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Labor, Civil and Criminal Codes of the Russian Federation, as well as in the laws in force.
Is video surveillance (factory) legal?
The answer is yes, subject to the following conditions:
- introduction of an item on video surveillance on the territory of the enterprise into the Labor Regulations, indicating the reasons and purposes;
- creation of internal documents (regulation on video monitoring and order), indicating the number of video cameras, installation location, a list of responsible persons and regulations for video recording.
- familiarization of the staff with the documents (regulation and order), obtaining signatures of consent of all employees;
- placement of informational announcements about video filming (in those rooms where video filming equipment is installed);
- amendments to the Regulation on the protection of personal data (a list of positions that have access to employee data is introduced).
Camera placement methods
A fundamental condition for the placement of video cameras is the maximum coverage of strategically important areas, such as:
- entrances/exits, checkpoints to buildings and entrances/exits to the territory of industrial production;
- parking areas;
- production workshops;
- robotic shops and lines;
- hard-to-reach areas.
The set of video recording equipment is determined taking into account the goals/objectives of video surveillance. An industrial safety system requires detailed design.
TIP: in order not to become a victim of shady sellers of video surveillance in Russia, read the article “How are video surveillance buyers scammed? Seller methods“.
In order to avoid buying expensive video storage equipment (servers, video recorders with limited internal memory), use the cloud.
Its size, as well as the storage period of data, are limited exclusively by the subscription rate. In addition, when using the cloud, the user relieves themselves of the criminal liability for the safety and non-distribution of video materials (this function is assigned to the cloud service provider).
Cloud storage is a modern and cost-effective solution for a manufacturing enterprise.
Video surveillance (manufacturing facility) must be entrusted to professionals. More details about the 7 best video surveillance services in Russia are written here.
Do you want to get innovative software based on neural networks? Faceter has advanced technologies and developments in the field of intelligent video analytics. These options allow not only to ensure comprehensive security of a large facility, but also provide limitless information for marketing analysis of the enterprise.
Any large manufacturing enterprise needs an impartial assistant who is always on guard. A video surveillance system is the eyes of a security service, and the possibilities of remote video monitoring via the Internet push the boundaries of its use to infinity. Choose innovative surveillance methods — they are the future.