Anyone can need IP video surveillance for their home. If you want a simple monitoring system that can analyze what is happening and notify in case of emergencies, consider the smart service from Faceter. This article will show you how to organize video surveillance with remote access in your house.
Principle of home surveillance with remote access
WI-FI home security camera with remote access is today’s objective necessity. The rhythm of life has accelerated, and we spend 40% of our time on the Internet. Therefore, remote monitoring is also in demand and available for most users.
The principle of operation is simple:
- An IP camera captures what is happening;
- Wi-Fi transfers video footage to remote cloud storage. You can get data from the mobile application archive by entering a security password;
- cameras and service are also controlled via applications on a smartphone.
IP video surveillance at home
IP video surveillance at home can be organized in 2 ways: use special cameras or a regular phone. For all options, the Faceter service is suitable.
Read more about monitoring using a phone in our article: “What to do with an old smartphone: 5 examples of useful use”.
The main requirements for home surveillance that Faceter meets are convenience, cost-effectiveness, information security, and quality. Our service is an intuitive application for the general public.
Faceter is suitable for individuals within a house, apartment, garage, and summer cottage, and business. The app can be used like:
- baby monitor;
- control over sick relatives;
- animal observation assistant;
- part of the smart home;
- surveillance camera for service personnel in the house.
Installation in three steps
To start using Faceter video surveillance at home, follow three small steps:
- Understand the purpose of monitoring and determine the area, angle of observation. This step will allow you to choose the required camera resolution and location.
More details are in the article “Determine the number of video cameras to monitor the house.“
2. Install the app on both phones, one will be the camera, and the other will be the monitor. If you plan to use webcams, then install the app only on your smartphone.
3. Automatic tuning system. The application will configure everything by itself and update to the latest version.
More extensive instructions are here.
Expensive home video surveillance is a thing of the past. Today on the market, budgetary and straightforward solutions are relevant, without unnecessary equipment and consumables and excluding complex system settings. Switch to modern cloud-based video surveillance.