What should you not expect from legacy video monitoring systems?
The Old Testament quote, “Everything has its time, ” can be applied to video surveillance. There was a time when a home analogue video surveillance system was the best and the only one, solving all security problems. Today, in 2021, analogue systems are replaced by innovative networking solutions. Accordingly, some things should not be expected from legacy systems in today’s environment. This is what our article is about.
How do you know if your home video surveillance system is out of date?
There are at least eight signs by which you can determine that your home video monitoring system is outdated, namely:
- Blurry or grainy image.
- The impossibility of detailing.
- Lack of remote viewing capabilities.
- There is no two-way audio communication.
- Lack of software with additional video analytics functions.
- Inability to automatically update, as well as system firmware to the latest version.
- Wire technologies.
- Data storage on external media storages.
Unreasonable expectations of outdated security systems owners
Let’s talk about four common misconceptions that fall under the category “My Unjustified Expectations of an Outdated CCTV System”.
Automated home protection
Intelligent video surveillance takes protective mechanisms to a fundamentally new level: the entire system can be automated.
We can talk about the following possibilities:
- use of a video camera integrated with motion sensors;
- switching on the lighting system at regular intervals (to pretend that there are people in the house);
- embedded quick notifications on the owner’s mobile device;
- automatic software update.
Legacy security systems cannot provide remote video monitoring, access and control, while innovative solutions come with built-in remote options.
This approach ensures mobility, economy and responsiveness. Control of the video surveillance system from mobile devices and a remote personal computer allows you to keep abreast of events at the facility from anywhere in the world, at any time, 24/7 (for example, while you are on vacation outside the country).
Deterrence and neutralization of criminals
Predictive video surveillance is advanced technology available to every user. Innovative solutions for the protection of home and business can stop and scare off a potential criminal, warn of a violation over the speakerphone, notify the operator (owner of the system) and law enforcement agencies.
Obsolete video surveillance systems, respectively, cannot deter and neutralize criminals in the realities of the modern world.
Low-cost home insurance
Homeowners insurance fees depend on many factors, including the presence/absence of a video monitoring system in the home.
Also, the quality of the security system and its elements affects the cost of insurance. If video surveillance is not installed in the house or outdated solutions are used, you should not count on price reductions and possible bonuses.
Solution from Faceter
Home video monitoring from the international company Faceter is a publicly available innovative product that entered the Russian market at the end of 2019. Its distinctive features are:
- simplicity and high speed of system installation (15-20 minutes);
- profitability (from the “Basic” tariff, which is free of charge, to the use of existing mobile phones);
- the flexibility of settings;
- opportunities for remote access, viewing and management;
- automatic update without user intervention;
- high level of security.
- Download the application on two mobile devices (App Store or Google Play). Select a storage plan.
- Install one phone in the surveillance area, like a camera. The second phone will work in monitor mode, which is always at hand.
The modern video monitoring system is completely ready for use.
In 2021, a video security system for home use is no longer a luxury but a basic need. If you were one of the first video surveillance users in the Russian Federation and used an analogue system, then it’s time to update it. Do you periodically update your home appliances, furniture and other household items following trends and novelties? Remember that level of your home security directly depends on video surveillance.