According to research by the Research And Markets analytical agency, the percentage of video surveillance in the global market from 2016 to 2026 will almost quadruple. The market volume will grow by an average of 15% annually. As a result, by 2026, the figure will reach $ 105 billion. In this article, we will look at the forecasts for the development of the video surveillance market.
Overall, the future of video surveillance lies in intelligent analytics that enables conventional systems to analyze data. Every year, artificial intelligence in monitoring can work with less human intervention.
Already today, cameras can recognize faces, create visitor lists, detect violations, and notify security services. And also, video surveillance in business (shops, restaurants, offices, etc.) is actively used to solve marketing problems. For instance:
- “2 systems for counting visitors using video surveillance.“
- “Facial recognition as a marketing tool in retail.“
Market growth drivers
The security systems market analysis company has announced the main video surveillance drivers until 2026. They are:
- global distribution of IP cameras;
- increased demand for self-assembly of monitoring systems;
- technological advances in data storage (cloud storage);
- increased demand for public safety, and as a result, the creation of “smart” cities;
If you observe the development of video surveillance over the past five years, you can notice the following modernization trends, which will definitely be extended until 2026:
- built-in video analytics for business tasks and ensuring the safety of citizens;
- exclusion of a person from the work of surveillance systems. For example, video control itself analyzes what is happening with an accuracy of 98% and gives signals in case of detection of danger or suspicious things;
- Face ID;
- Smart cities and offices.
VSaaS is video surveillance as a product for solving complex problems. For instance:
- recording, storage, and reproduction of data from storage;
- information flow management and analysis.
The Internet and the “cloud” are required for the system’s functioning, which significantly saves finances to create the system.
Read more about the technology in the article: “VSaaS: video surveillance as a product. Examples and Figures“.
Faceter as an advanced product for mass use
Faceter service meets all the trends and needs of buyers. It is mobile video surveillance with analytics, easy to install and use.
For example, to connect to the service, you need two phones, one of which will be a camera and a monitor. You can find out about the hardware requirements here.
The service can:
- work as a regular camera;
- analyze what is happening in the frame and send notifications;
- recognize faces;
- control the work of staff and the quality of service;
- make up “black” lists of visitors to the facility and much more.
Download the application to get acquainted with the interface following the links:
Video surveillance is developing faster every year. Recently, monitoring was an expensive luxury that not everyone could afford. Today, video surveillance is available to everyone at budget prices and video analytics. And Faceter is an excellent example of this.