In modern marketing, all possible indicators related to the activity of buyers and target audience are monitored. And one of the most important indicators is the number of customers. The visitor counting system is relevant for small companies and large enterprises. And with the help of video surveillance, the entire analysis algorithm is greatly simplified.
How counting systems work
Counting customers via IP cameras works with analytics. “Smart” devices program and record everyone who comes in and give the following information:
- the total number of visitors for a specific period of time (hour, days of the week, month, year);
- analysis and dynamics of attendance;
- calculation of conversion (for example, from visitor to customer).
Camera analytics alone are of no use. Benefits start to work only after the changes are integrated into the operation of the business based on the information received.
With a visitor counting system, you can:
- regulate the company’s opening hours;
- evaluate the effectiveness of marketing;
- assess the quality of service;
- change employee work schedules.
And thus, you can optimize costs, increasing the efficiency of your business.
2 types of system
There are different systems, and basically, they differ in functionality and price. Let’s take a closer look.
2D is a more budgetary option; marketing tasks are taken into account when setting up. Possibilities:
- regulation of time count;
- work in real-time;
- data transfer from cameras to a cloud service, where the incoming data is analyzed.
- works when there are no stands in the shooting area;
- the equipment does not distinguish between the age of buyers; children will be included in the analytics;
- the system can count employees along with the visitors.
If the 2D system does not satisfy your requirements, it can be replaced with a more advanced 3D complex.
- separate accounting of adults and children;
- employees are excluded from the count;
- the system does not re-record the same visitors;
- the system copes better in low light conditions and a high flow of customers.
- high cost for broader functionality.
Some analytics systems require overpayments and additional settings on top of video surveillance. To avoid unnecessary costs, consider Faceter‘s comprehensive monitoring + analytics system.
The system is capable of:
- facial recognition;
- unique, new, and repeat visitors count;
- list maintenance with custom notifications;
- visitors classification by gender and age.
And also to control the quality of employees’ work. For more information about the capabilities of video analytics, follow the link.
Video surveillance has been combining analytics functions for a long time. This is an advanced solution that is used in almost any area: from home to government. Faceter’s goal is to provide intelligent monitoring capabilities to every user at a budget cost.